Monday 5 November 2012

Fairies, Pagans, Knights and Procrastination.

I have come to realize just how easily distracted I am.
Immediately prior to my last post I got straight into it. For the first time in a long time I was actually absorbing information from what I was reading and not just staring at meaningless words. I got all caught up with my assessments and got really good marks for all of them. I also got down to 83kg.

The last 2ish weeks on the other hand have been really fun but crazy counterproductive ^_^.
I went on a bit of an eat junk food and go out and do things binge. So therefore my studies have been somewhat lacking and I have gained 1kg. I mean it could be worse, I guess I have to just pick my self up and keep going.

This past weekend though was probably my biggest highlight. My very first ex boyfriend Neville drove all the way up from Tamworth for a spontaneous visit. The plan was to hang in Brisbane so I could get a few shots of the gardens and city and to show him around. We were walking though the gardens taking photos when we came across a group of people dressed as fairies and I immediately recognized them as being the Coven of the Wildwood, admiring them but not wanting to intrude we continued on our way. One thing you should know about Neville is that he is very impulsive and when we left him alone to go the the bathroom we returned to find that he had joined their circle.
So one thing lead to another and we ended up being part of their fairy parade and Beltaine ritual. It was fantastic and I got some amazing shots! I managed to fill my SD card. I am definitely going to organize to do some more shoots with them they are some of the most amazing people I have ever had the pleasure of interacting with.

The following night we accompanied my good friend Mitchell to training. What training you might ask?. Well Mitchell is part of a medieval reenactment group called The Knights Order of Lion Rampant. He was an archer but has now leveled up to swordsman. It was probably one of the coolest things I have ever seen. I'm pretty sure Bradley will be joining them in the not to distant future to which I have no objections. I will be there to document them the next time they train in full armor and hopefully I wont leave my tripod at home this time. If anyone reading this is interested in knowing more let me know and I will hook you up with the right people ^_^. They fight in a few tournaments but the biggest one is probably The Abbey Medieval Festival. I went this year for the first time and it was fantastic!!! I highly recommend checking it out.

This weekend I will be at Supanova pop culture festival, so keep your eyes peeled for my Supanova blog post and photos.

I will now leave you with links to the Abbey and Supanova websites and my favorite photos from the weekend. ^_^
Peace.

http://abbeytournament.com/
http://www.supanova.com.au/







No comments:

Post a Comment