Monday 28 January 2013

23 pictures of flooding.

So as many of you may know we on the east coast of Australia had quite the sizable storm over the long weekend. I adore that kind of weather until it starts destroying lives and properties.
Logan, which is about 10 minutes from where I live was evacuated due to quite severe flooding, my suburb also experienced some major flooding in parts. That being said we came out relatively unscathed but a lot of people weren't as lucky so here's sending all my positive energy to those effected by the storms and flooding.

I did manage to venture out yesterday afternoon and get a few photos of the damage. It was so surreal seeing everything underwater. Also the amount of bugs escaping the flood water was insane! There were even a few clinging to a piece of styrofoam trying to float to safety!
What I wasn't surprised to see though were people swimming in flood water and teenagers driving their 4x4's through flood water just because they can. Seriously people! I mean I saw snakes swimming around where a lot of kids were playing, just because there is water where it shouldn't be doesn't mean you should swim in it!

So here are 23 images of the flooding  in my area...enjoy!

























Crazy huh?! As you may have guessed the shoot I had planned for Monday couldn't go forward but hopefully we will be able to try again really soon. I wish I had more news but the crazy weather is the only thing that has happened since my last post.
So on that note I shall leave you and see you next time hopefully with the results of the wedding test shoot.
As always stay safe and thanks for reading/viewing...
xxx





No comments:

Post a Comment