Wednesday 12 September 2012

And so begins my inevitable addiction to writing blogs

Ok so I haven't written a blog since myspace and I'm fairly sure the last blog I wrote on that was either about how difficult it was to give up chocolate for a month or how I got to shake Gerard Way from My Chemical Romance's hand and almost passed out from hyperventilating. I feel as though I have come a long way since then, well at least I hope I have.

So where to start, I just turned 24, I'm a full time student who finds it extraordinarily difficult to concentrate 95% of the time. The other 5% I'm a complete genius, well at least I like to think I am, in saying that I am writing this blog instead of finishing an assignment, go figure ^_^.
 I am completely obsessed with photography, music and art. Andy Warhol is my favorite artist, in high school art every assignment we had I would some how manage to relate it back to Andy. The topic could be to write 500 words on the art work of an ancient tribe in the South Pacific and I would still be able to make it about Mr Warhol.
 I just got my very first DSLR (Cannon 600D). Before that I was relying on my little Cannon PowerShot A2000 and my iphone that functions better as a camera than it does as a phone and its a pretty shit camera ^_^ . I have had my DSLR just over a month and have managed to take about 7000 photos.

I am studying photography at RMIT through Open Universities Australia but they don't do an entire bachelor, so here's hoping I get into Griffith!
My goal is to be a professional photographer. Nature is probably my favorite photography subject but that being said I haven't really done anything else although I have been experimenting with still life and will be doing my first shoot with a model in the not to distant future, and by model I mean a friend who is really pretty. I'm hoping that in the future I will see her in a magazine and be able to say "I did her first shoot" and therefore wont feel guilty when asking her for money ^_^.

I am a bit of a geek, the first joint purchase my boyfriend an I made was a Lego Millennium Falcon, we managed to space the build out over about 6 weeks much to his disgust.My dad sat me down to watch Star Wars when I was 5 and I have been madly in love ever since. I am also not ashamed to admit that when I was 11 I had a huge crush on Mark Hamill and actually kinda still do.
I'm not a massive gamer but am pretty addicted to minecraft. There isn't a day when I'm not in my awesome little world running around building my kingdom, slaying spiders and creepers and talking to myself in Toby Turners voice. I love it so much that instead of buying me a real diamond necklace for my birthday my boyfriend bought me a mincraft diamond necklace and wrapped it in diamond ore wrapping paper ^_^.
He also bought me Firefly which is my favorite show. It was pretty much the best birthday ever.
My favorite band is The Doors. Jim Morrison's voice is hypnotic and I am madly in love with him.
I would give anything to be able to go back in time to Woodstock '69. America in the 60's and 70's is my ideal time period.

I guess I should end it there or else I wont have anything else to blog about in the future.
So on that bomb shell I leave you with my five favorite pictures that I have taken with my new baby.
Have fun and such xoxo 








2 comments: